Wednesday 3 August 2011

Cairo Intro

I have been here for three days now, and every day has brought something new and amazing to the plate. The best way to describe how I feel, is to think back of the time when I was a child. Everything is new, exciting. in many ways I am a baby here. Everything is different from the way I have lived; the food, the heat, the traffic, the customs, the language, the people, the lifestyle... three year olds here have a better chance of communicating and making their way around than I do. It is truly an indescribable city and the things I have seen have certainly changed me in some ways.

yet by saying that, to virtually everybody I have met here, this is normal. They don't have the same sense of euphoria and wonder that I have. not surprising obviously, as this is their home, and many of them have lived here their whole lives. I am sure the initial glamour wears off fast enough, but looking through the veil as I have over the last two nights, life is something that is always in motion, and so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment